We strive to use environmentally responsible technology out of respect for, and stewardship of, what must be one of the most gorgeous corners of creation here in the Pacific Northwest. As a result, we work hard to create “legacy-quality” artwork in a renewable, sustainable, and responsible manner by:
- investing in 100% renewable wind, hydro, and biomass power (zero fossil fuel energy use)
- using only water soluble bio-degradable void fill (corn-starch peanuts) in our shipping and packaging (no petrochemicals)
- recycling clay, slip, cardboard, inbound production supply containers, and void fill in our production and distribution processes
- elaborate ventilation, heating, and cooling systems to maximize use of natural cool clean Oregon air and heat exchange from our kilns.
- and extensive use of local resources (clay, glaze, slip all produced locally)
- elimination of fossil fuel transportation costs via globe-spanning sea, continental-rail, and interstate-roadway to source any raw materials or components because all of our product is locally sourced or made