1. Are your products microwave safe? YES!
2. Are your products dishwasher safe? YES! (although we recommend hand-washing your heirloom quality porcelain products, and particularly the large service bowls).
3. Are your products food safe? YES! We use only FDA approved glazes and take care to design our products in a way that eliminates or minimizes unsafe corners, crevices or other cavities that would harbor harmful agents like bacterias.
4. What is the difference between porcelain and ceramic and stoneware? These terms have specific meaning to the raw material, usually “slip” (a liquid mud-like concoction) which is the source material of the tableware. Porcelain has the smallest particles, is fired at the highest temperatures, has the highest stress tolerance, highest insulating properties, and has certain translucence properties that uniquely interact with light in comparison with all materials. Porcelain is truly a unique material.
5. Are your products really hand-made in the USA? YES! Our studio is located in Salem, Oregon and every facet of design and hand crafted artisanal production takes place there.